We are searching for an exceptional Design and Engineering Manager to lead all aspects of design and engineering activities ensuring excellence from concept to delivery of large-scale construction projects for a well established, progressive commercial construction company.
Your People Recruitment have partnered with a leading Commercial Construction specialist company to source an exceptional Design and Engineering Manager for their Auckland operation, based in Albany on the North Shore.
- Engineer (CPEng) or Architecture background
- High profile, large scale commercial builds – North Shore location
- Fast paced, challenging and rewarding role with a cutting-edge company
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertake the role of Design Lead and take ownership of pre-construction engagements
- Set design programme and administer updates to the programme ensuring consultants stay on track and on time
- Provide leadership for the design and engineering functions
- Work closely with the project development and project management teams
- Provide expert technical support
- Take ownership of all operational aspects of pre-construction development, evaluate consultant proposals and provide recommendations to the executive team
- Provide input into strategic planning to ensure design and engineering needs are being developed to keep pace with business growth
- Work closely with the General Manager, Executive and commercial team to ensure design opportunity is maximised
Skills & Attributes:
- CPEng - Structural / Civil / Mechanical / Electrical or Architectural background
- Experience in designing/engineering consulting and commercial construction
- Proven experience leading all aspects of the design and engineering functions with large scale projects
- Previous leadership experience within construction industry
- Understand the implications of construction methodologies and technical choices with the ability to guide project teams to the best solutions
- Effective and professional communication skills, great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Customer driven with the commitment to provide high quality service
- Energetic, professional and self-motivated with a positive approach to work
- Senior leadership role
- This is an incredible career opportunity to be part of a progressive and innovative commercial construction company
- Market leading salary and benefits package
- Solid confirmed project pipeline with stable Clients
- Opportunities to work on exciting large scale projects with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career.
Click the APPLY button and attach your CV and brief cover letter.
You must be eligible to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role
Apply for this vacancy