• Work for a progressive engineering and automation company at the head of their game • A great opportunity to develop your skill-set - internationally recognised market leading robotics • Work and live the Dunedin lifestyle – close proximity to the great outdoors Relocate/work in Dunedin and develop your career with this progressive engineering/automation company.
The role -
Relocate/work in Dunedin and develop your career with this progressive engineering/automation company. Our client are internationally recognised market leaders in industry-specific robotics.
As the Electro-Mechanical Service Technician (Mechatronics), you will be primarily working in a specialised area relating to meat processing technology. You will be providing remote support via phone and remote-access, however some travel is required. Tools and training will be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have an engineering qualification with 3-5 years + experience, and a solid understanding of fault-finding and diagnostic methodology. The focus of this role is to coordinate production, installation and maintenance of plant. This role requires a high-level of competence around diagnosis and resolution of mechanical, electrical and automation issues.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, capable of conveying complex information to customers at the coal-face, to assist them to meet their production deadlines. Knowledge and experience of Vision and x-ray systems is desirable.
It is essential that the successful applicant is capable and confident when working autonomously in their day-to-day work. You will be using mechanical, computer and electronic technology to develop solutions to problems for customers, therefore excellent customer services skills are key.
Skills and experience -
- A relevant trade qualification in engineering and/or electronics or Mechatronics 3-5 years’ experience - automation and robotics is highly desirable
- Competent with learning new technology - use of mechanical, computer and electronic technology
- Diagnostic methodology, problem solving ability
- Mechanical assemblies, coordinating production and installation of equipment to ensure components and assemblies work first time as required
- Knowledge and experience of Vision and x-ray systems
- Able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic engineering drawings
- Achieves requirements for critical to quality (CTQ) tolerances and meets documentation and reporting requirements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
The person –
- Is a highly skilled trades professional with relevant experience
- Takes up Learning and Development opportunities and applies knowledge
- Has excellent attention to detail, measures with accuracy and identifies and rectifies any problems pre-installation
- Is flexible and accommodating around organisational requirements
- Has a sound understanding of Quality and Health and Safety processes – works to organisational policy
- Works collaboratively, internal/external – communicates effectively and meets deadlines
The usual work hours will be Monday to Friday, however some travel and on-call work is required outside of normal hours including weekend work.
- Very attractive remuneration package
- Excellent team environment
- Cutting-edge industry
Let's talk -
If this role sounds like a fit for you, and you are able to relocate/live and work in Dunedin, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step. Job contact: Leanne Gardner M. 027 713 7001.
The small print -
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a Ministry of Justice check. A full clean driver’s license is required. You must be entitled to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Apply for this vacancy