• Looking for a new opportunity within the Insurance Industry? • Work for a NZ company with multinational connections and opportunities • Dunedin CBD location, great office space, great team If you are a seasoned insurance professional looking for a new opportunity within a fast growing insurance company we would like to hear from you.
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage company that comes under the umbrella of a large multi-national corporation that has been named the world’s most ethical company.
You will find that same high standard is consistent company-wide. Our client offers an exceptionally good team culture.
The role of Insurance Broker is all about the client. In this role you will be delivering expert advice and offering solutions to meet client needs. You will be building and developing client relationships and developing new business to assist clients and to deliver on organisational budgets and timelines.
We are looking for a highly professional individual with excellent relationship management and technical skills to join our client’s busy team in the centre of Dunedin.
You will have sound industry experience and preferably you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification such as a financial degree. If this is not your background, you will be required to complete a Level 5 qualification while on the job. If you a highly organised professional, who understands legislative and commercial requirements, and you are deliver on customer service, we invite your application for this role.
In return for your commitment, our client offers an excellent working environment including staff benefits and supportive management. There is also the potential for transfer opportunities within this global organisation.
This Broker role is an intermediate to senior level opportunity.
This role offers:
- Global opportunities within the organisation
- Career development opportunities
- Full time, permanent position
- Dunedin CBD location
- Great office and team environment
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Relationship Management - client phone calls and visits
- Advisory – assist clients with the decision-making process
- Developing new business, retention and profitability targets, canvasing and follow ups
- Preparing underwriter submissions, client reports, insurance certificates, endorsements etc.
- Marketing activity
- Support Group Broking Manager – assist in ensuring branch targets are exceeded
- Exceed personal targets/budget
- Meeting legislative and organisational policy/process requirements
- Competent use of IT systems and software
- Delegation to Broker Support role
- Carrying out other organisational requirements as required
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills. You will ideally have a tertiary-level of education and will be capable of learning and following new systems and processes.
The successful candidate will also have a high level of initiative. You are good at organising and planning and you anticipate requirements. You will have a ‘big picture’ view of organisational needs and also have excellent attention to detail. The candidate that we are looking for will be highly professional and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a team focus, enjoys being part of a team and achieving organisational goals
- Have interest/experience in the insurance brokerage field and have the required financial acumen
- Have well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Be suitably qualified, e.g. Com, Financial Services, Insurance or NZQA Insurance Industry recognised qualifications
- Have demonstrated initiative and common sense
- Be great at relationship management
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a Monday to Friday role, within the usual office hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please contact Leanne Gardner, Recruitment Consultant for a confidential discussion on M. 027 713 7001.
Apply for this vacancy