• A great career starter for the right new grad. or your new habitat • Excellent training opportunities • Dunedin CBD location Looking to enter a professional industry that offers opportunity? This Broker Support position provides technical support to Insurance Brokers.
Looking to enter a professional industry that offers opportunity? This Broker Support position provides technical support to Insurance Brokers.
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage company that comes under the umbrella of a large multi-national corporation that has been named the world’s most ethical company.
You will find that same high standard is consistent company-wide. Our client offers an exceptionally good team culture.
Are you looking to enter into a professional industry that offers an opportunity for career advancement? This Broker Support position provides technical and administrative support to Insurance Brokers, freeing up time for the Brokers to develop and extend their client relationships directly and develop new business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent person with loads of initiative to join our client’s busy team in the centre of Dunedin.
Preferably, you will either have an insurance or similar background and/or hold a relevant tertiary qualification such as a financial degree. If this is not your background, you will be required to complete a Level 5 qualification while on the job. This role would suit someone with an affinity for numbers and who understands the importance of customer service and compliance.
In return for your commitment, my client offers an excellent working environment including staff benefits and supportive management. There is also the potential for transfer opportunities within this global organisation (at a later stage).
The Broker Support role is an entry-level office opportunity. In this role you will be learning the ropes of the organisation and its operations, providing support to management, brokers and the wider team as required.
This role offers:
- Global opportunities within the organisation
- Career development opportunities
- Full time, permanent position
- Dunedin CBD location
- Great office and team environment
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- No. 1 - support the Brokers / Management
- Actioning client calls as required
- New business - preparing underwriter submissions
- Preparing client reports
- Canvasing and follow ups
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Assist Broker with insurance certificates
- Assist Broker with endorsements
- Follow up marketing drops
- Follow up outstandings
- Providing administrative/technical support
- Client visits for Broker as required
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills. You will ideally have a tertiary-level of education and will be capable of learning and following new systems and processes.
The successful candidate will also have a high level of initiative. You are good at organising and planning and you anticipate requirements. You will have a ‘big picture’ view of organisational needs and also have excellent attention to detail. The candidate that we are looking for will be highly professional and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player who enjoys being supportive to achieve organisational goals
- Have some interest in the insurance brokerage field and have the required financial acumen
- Have well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Have suitable qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Have demonstrated initiative and common sense
- Be great at customer service
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a Monday to Friday role, the usual hours of work will be 8.30am-5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please contact Leanne Gardner, Recruitment Consultant for a confidential discussion on M. 027 713 7001.
Apply for this vacancy