• Full time permanent opportunity offering stimulating and varied work • Development opportunities • Work in the vibrant city of Dunedin We are seeking an Intermediate Accountant with at least four (4) years New Zealand PQE in a Chartered Accountant Practice.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
- Dunedin-based role
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- A competitive salary
- Role variety
We are seeking an Intermediate Accountant with at least four (4) years New Zealand PQE in a Chartered Accountant Practice. This is a Dunedin-based role. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
While it is not essential to be CA qualified, this may be an advantage, however experience in a CA environment is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Preparation of annual, monthly and periodic financial statements
- Proficiency in using Xero, Banklink, and MYOB accounting software
- Preparation of Company and Trust Compliance and general documentation
- Analysis and extraction of financial information from clients’ accounting packages
- Collection and analysis of source documentation
- Assistance and preparation of Cash flows and budgets
- Preparation of annual taxation returns for a range of entities and industries
- Determining taxation liabilities
- Confirmation for taxation assessments received, advising clients of tax liabilities & tax filing requirements
- Preparation of FBT, RWT, PAYE and GST returns
The successful candidate will be an Intermediate Accountant with at least 4 years’
New Zealand post qualification experience (PQE), working within a CA firm.
You will be a multi-tasker who has excellent analytical skills. You will also be an effective problem-solver offering solutions to our clients adding value to their business. Your work is of a very high standard and you take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your own work.
You excel under pressure and meet all expected deadlines!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to build strong client and team relationships
- Be client-focussed with excellent communication skills
- Be highly accurate with good attention to detail
- Have great organisational & time management skills
- Professionalism, ethics and integrity are in your DNA
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please contact –
Leanne Gardner on 027 713 7001.
Apply for this vacancy