This is a Project Engineer role for a qualified Civil Engineer or someone with a proven track record in infrastructure construction. • An opportunity to stretch your Civil Project Engineering experience • Gain further experience in contract administration and financial monitoring • Leave the rat race and live a more relaxed lifestyle
This is a Project Engineer role for a qualified Civil Engineer or someone with a proven track record in infrastructure construction. You will hold a NZ Dip Eng, NZCE (Civil) or an equivalent qualification. Alternatively you may have significant construction or project experience, ideally 10 + years.
You will be working on projects across a variety of asset types which will require you to have excellent communication skills to liaise with the various stakeholders. The successful candidate will have great organisational, financial and documentation skills with experience in contract administration and financial monitoring. To be successful in this role you will be someone who is highly accountable for delivering capital projects on time and within budget.
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Managing delegated projects
- Meeting financial targets
- Monitoring and improving systems, methods and efficiencies
- Managing delegated capital
- Input into drafting and reviewing contract documents
- Communication with internal/external stakeholders – assists with consultation etc.
- Site supervision and risk management
- Handovers completed in a timely manner
- No staff reporting
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified Civil Engineer or has significant experience of infrastructure construction
(ideally 10+ years)
- Has contract administration experience
- Experienced with monitoring financials and working to budgets
- Competent with working to deadlines
- Quality/risk focused, delivers quality output with risks effectively managed
- Communicates professionally with stakeholders internal/external
- Interacts well in a team
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time role with a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please contact Leanne Gardner for a confidential discussion on M. 027 713 7001.
Apply for this vacancy