• Excellent high-level Project Management opportunity in the Construction space • Work for a progressive company with a clear vision and strong leadership • Development opportunity - further develop your industry skills Do you have strong large-scale Project Management skills ideally but not exclusively in the construction space?
The company –
The company is a privately owned South Island-based company with offices in multiple locations. Their Dunedin operation is on a focussed growth curve including diversification into new areas of the construction industry. They are going from strength-to-strength and the outlook is very exciting.
The role –
Do you have strong large-scale Project Management and monitoring skills ideally but not exclusively in the construction space? We are looking for a dedicated Project Management professional for a large scale Project Management (PM) role within the Construction or Civil construction space.
This role may include demolition and site works sector.
In this role you will be highly capable of working across multiple overlapping projects, delivering projects safety, on-time and within budget. It is essential that you are capable of working to policy and process and that you have strong documentation skills to ensure accurate records are completed. As well as participating in the project management and tendering of projects, you will be supporting the Senior Project Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be driven with a high level of commitment to the organisation, the role and the industry. You will have a strong focus on Health and Safety, quality and profitability. You will also have excellent relationship management skills, building and maintaining effective working relationships.
In this role you will be leading a team of highly trained and experienced industry professionals. Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills are essential to your success in this role.
Skills and experience -
- A qualification in a relevant field such as Project Management, Construction or Civil
- A minimum of five (5) years’ Project Management and industry experience, works to methodology
- Proven Leadership and Project Management experience – good organisational skills
- Practical knowledge and experience with Project Management software, MS Office applications and other relevant technology
- Technical expertise, able to understand, design, develop and improve processes
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills, works in well with clients and the team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with understanding and developing construction and contracting documentation including SSSPs and ARCPs
The person –
- Adaptable, diligent and resilient problem-solver, overcomes challenges and pivots as required
- Energetic, driven, committed and confident individual
- Professional - has high standards, personally and professionally
- Takes and organised and methodical approach to completing role requirements, great attention to detail
- Delivers exceptional customer service, follows up and maintains relationships
- Willing and capable of learning relevant industry-specific knowledge
- Works collaboratively with clients and the wider team
Let's talk -
If this role sounds like a fit for you, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV.
All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
Job contact: Leanne Gardner M. 027 713 7001.
The small print -
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a Ministry of Justice check. You must be entitled to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. Must hold a current clean drivers’ license. Drug and alcohol testing may apply.
Apply for this vacancy