• A great opportunity to progress your career in a locally-owned CA firm • Potential to step up into a management role, including staff development • Further develop your business advisory skills Take your career up a step in this senior CA firm role. This is an opportunity to gain exposure to management experience and to propel your career forward. Option for late January start if not started prior to Christmas.
This role is within a dynamic locally-owned CA Firm which is committed to providing compliance accounting work, advice to clients, innovative solutions and service excellence to local businesses.
- Assist in preparing business advice, producing reports, annual financial statements, tax returns and reconciliations for clients etc.
- Assist with managing and developing a portfolio of clients, ensuring jobs are completed effectively, meeting all objectives, standards, deadlines and within budget.
- Assist with general accounting/book keeping duties
- Liaise with external parties such as the IRD for clients
- Ensure all documentation and records are managed appropriately
- Utilise your strong software skills including Excel and cloud accounting products such as Xero and MYOB.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge and ensure compliance with all statutory and relevant regulatory requirements
What you need to be successful:
- An relevant tertiary degree (accounting)
- Achieved or on the CA pathway
- At least 5 years of experience (preferably in a CA firm environment)
- A sound understanding of commercial requirements
- Great technical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Cloud-based Accounting systems
- You will have a desire to contribute to the team
- An ability to develop positive relationships with clients
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise your workload
Skills and Experience
We are looking for an experienced and Senior Accountant with a passion for accounting to join the Dunedin-based Business Advisory division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the relationship management for a wide portfolio of clients. This includes SME’s, trusts, partnerships and companies across a broad range of industry sectors. This role is also a leadership opportunity, as you will be mentoring others within the team.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Supported career development pathway
- Work/life balance
- A great organizational culture
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click the ‘APPLY’ button below.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Leanne Gardner on 027 713 7001.
Apply for this vacancy