• Fulltime, Initially temporary but likely to quickly become permanent • Great team and modern office environment, expanding company • Mid-January 2021 start • This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an office administrator in a progressive mid-sized business starting in the new year. To be successful in this role, you will need to be conversant with Xero or similar software.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an office administrator in a progressive mid-sized business starting in the new year. To be successful in this role, you will need to be conversant with Xero or similar software.
The purpose of this role is to administer the various accounts functions of our client’s business and to provide administrative and clerical support to the team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in an accounts administrator role.
This busy role includes financial coding, reconciling accounts, preparing invoices, following up on payments and monitoring and chasing up overdue debtor accounts. You will be preparing debtor/creditor and other reports and providing analysis and being the go-to person!
The company is upgrading its computer systems, so knowledge and experience in using Xero will be a distinct advantage
Responsibilities & duties may include:
- Assisting with the implementation of new systems
- Preparing all invoices, tracking and following up on payments
- Creditor payments and reconciliations
- Manual Cash book reconciliation
- P+L analysis
- Back costing and monitoring job costs
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering supplies
- Payroll responsibilities
- Other duties e.g. mail collection, banking, deliveries, office supply orders etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced accounts administrator with strong financial acumen (3-5 years)
- Have excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Be proficient with Xero (or similar) and MS Office suite
- Have sound problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, extremely organised and able to multi-task
- Have a highly professional approach to their work with good attendance and presentation
- Be a good team fit
HOURS OF WORK:
The hours of work are 8.00am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
Apply for this vacancy