Seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor with main contractor experience for substantial commercial projects in Auckland.
- Large number of confirmed projects in the pipeline
- Huge variety of projects
- Main contractor focus – Budgeting, forecasting, reporting cost management
We are searching for a Quantity Surveyor who has ideally 5 years’ Main Contractor experience on projects of $5M to $30+M, to join a progressive and well respected company on the North Shore. This is a NEW, additional role, as the company has a large pipeline of confirmed forward work well into the future.
You will be working in a small QS team based in the new project office, doing the full range of duties that go with a Main Contractor Quantity Surveyor role.
- Initial budgets and feasibility of projects
- Measuring and estimating (take-off’s from drawings and spec’s)
- Preparing tender documents and calling for tenders for sub trades
- Estimating preliminary and general costs (P&G)
- Preparing Main Contractor tender packages
- Evaluating tenders and risk assessment of sub trades contractors
- Preparing project budgets and forecasts
- Managing variation s and progress claims
- Cost management of the projects and reporting against budgets and forecasts
- Client reporting
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial Main Contractor environment
- Accurate measurement skills
- Proficient estimating skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Well-developed budgeting and forecasting skills
- Strong MS Excel
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Wide variety of commercial construction projects
- Work in small supportive team
- Cool new offices based on the North Shore
- Excellent team environment
If you ready to move to the next level, please APPLY without delay! – To apply, please Click Apply and attach your CV and brief cover letter.
You must be entitled to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role
Apply for this vacancy