ACCOUNTANT (CA PUBLIC PRACTICE) #2290
Central Otago | Full Time
• Live the dream - Central Otago lifestyle • Established and respected CA firm • Join a great team in a stimulating work environment The purpose of this role is to assist the Accounting Team Manager. This work involves completion of compliance and management accounting responsibilities.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Accounting Team Manager. This work involves completion of compliance and management accounting responsibilities. You will be required to provide support to managers on client matters. The priority is for compliance work will be completed to the review stage and once reviewed the compliance work is to be finalised. Other relevant tasks as requested by the team manager.
Our client is a long-established and respected medium sized accounting firm, operating in the Central Otago district. The team takes great pride in supporting a diverse range of clients throughout New Zealand and overseas.
This role is for an accountant on the CA pathway. The role requires 1-3 years’ NZ PQE in a CA firm. The primary function of this role is compliance work.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Compilation of Financial Statements, Returns of Income including GST, FBT, RWT etc.
- Preparation of Cash-flow forecasts and annual budgets as necessary
- Working closely with clients to provide relevant and timely accounting support
- Ensure deadlines and milestones are achieved
- Support Accounting Team Manager
- Professional Development
The successful candidate will be an Junior - Intermediate Accountant with at least 1-3 years’ NZ PQE working within a CA firm.
You will be a multi-tasker who has excellent analytical skills. You will also be an effective problem-solver offering solutions to our clients adding value to their business. Your work is of a very high standard and you take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your own work.
You excel under pressure and meet all expected deadlines!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have current knowledge of basic taxation related areas, e.g. GST and Income Tax
- Be proficient with standard office and accounting software
- Have a recognised accounting qualification
- Be familiar with rural accounting knowledge (preferred)
- Have the ability to work with limited supervision, taking ownership of own work
- Have the ability to build strong client and team relationships
- Be client-focussed with excellent communication skills
- Be highly accurate with good attention to detail
- Have great organisational & time management skills
- Professionalism, ethics and integrity are in your DNA
- Public Practice experience is preferred
- Live the dream - Central Otago lifestyle
- Established and respected CA firm
- Join a great team in a stimulating work environment
HOURS OF WORK:
To be negotiated (37.5 hours per week).
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter or to discuss contact Leanne Gardner on 03 471 7000.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.