ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATOR # 2300
Dunedin | Part-time
• Part-time, permanent hours to fit your lifestyle / family • Opportunity to increase hours in future may be available • Use your accounts skills and get company ‘humming”
Our client is looking for a very capable and efficient accounts administrator with strong financial and organisational skills to join a small, friendly team. This work is on a part-time basis, within school hours, with the potential to increase hours in the near future. A strong operational knowledge of Xero is highly desirable although knowledge of other accounting software may be considered.
This role is for an experienced accounts administrator who has plenty of initiative and is therefore capable of working independently with a primary focus on financial administration.
The company is in the process of installing Xero, so there is still a lot to do to resolve outstanding issues, ensure client accounts have been correctly transferred, and supplier accounts are accurate. So we are looking for a person who has strong accounts skills to get the accounts in order, then ensure that correct procedures are implemented.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Financial reporting to management
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Debt recovery
- General office administration
- Website and social media updates
Please do not apply if you do not possess an in-depth understanding of accounting software.
Do you see yourself working in a small business environment?
Do you like to take charge of accounts administration, provide reporting and keep management well informed while working independently on a day-to-day basis?
We are looking for an efficient and experienced accounts administrator who can work independently, problem solve and use their initiative. You will be good at following up, e.g. debt recovery, while still maintaining a friendly customer focus.
You will also have an interest in promoting the business via website development and social media etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be competent with accounting software & processes (preferably Xero and MYOB)
- Have excellent problem-solving & resolution skills
- Be mature with great initiative and follow through
- Have great communication skills (phone & face-to-face)
- Be excellent at customer service
- Have good general admin. skills
- Have an eye for detail
- Marketing skills would be an advantage
- Be a team player
You will need to have a strong background in accounts to be successful in this role.
- Part-time, permanent hours to fit your lifestyle / family.
- Opportunity to increase hours in future may be available.
- Use your accounts skills and get company ‘humming”.
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a Monday to Friday role and hours are negotiable. Hours will initially be around
20 hours per week with the potential for further hours in the near future.
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter or to discuss contact Leanne Gardner on 03 471 7000.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.