ADMIN. / BROKER SUPPORT ROLE # 2151
Dunedin | Full Time
Are you looking to enter into a professional industry that offers an opportunity for career advancement? Our client has two roles available, one permanent and one maternity leave cover and both offer a fantastic career opportunity. • 1 x Full time, permanent position and • 1 x maternity leave • Dunedin CBD location
Are you looking to enter into a professional industry that offers an opportunity for career advancement? Our client has two roles available, one permanent and one maternity leave cover and both offer a fantastic career opportunity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent person with loads of initiative to join our client’s busy team in the centre of Dunedin.
You will either have an insurance or similar background and/or hold a relevant tertiary qualification such as a financial degree.
In return for your commitment, my client offers an excellent working environment including staff benefits and supportive management. There is also the potential for transfer opportunities within this global organisation (at a later stage).
This position supports the Brokers and the Broker Support Team Leader enabling them to deliver all company products and services to existing and new clients. The position frees up time for the Brokers to develop and extend their client relationships directly and develop new business. They achieve the company’s aspiration and commitment to our clients by ensuring that all the team is provided with adequate technical support and administrative assistance as necessary.
Our client is a leading insurance brokerage company that comes under the umbrella of a large multi-national corporation that has just been named the world’s most ethical company!
You will find that same high standard is consistent company-wide. Our client offers an exceptionally good team culture; they really do treat their staff like family.
This is an entry-level office opportunity. In this role you will be learning the ropes of the organisation and its operations, providing support to management, brokers and the wider team as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- No. 1 - support the Brokers / Management
- Actioning client calls as required
- New business - preparing underwriter submissions
- Preparing client reports
- Canvasing and follow ups
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Assist Broker with insurance certificates
- Assist Broker with endorsements
- Follow up marketing drops
- Follow up outstandings
- Providing administrative / technical support
- Client visits for Broker as required
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills. You will ideally have a tertiary-level of education and will be capable of learning and following new systems and processes. The successful candidate will have a high level of initiative. You are good at organising and planning and you anticipate requirements. You will have a ‘big picture’ view of organisational needs and also have excellent attention to detail. The candidate that we are looking for will be highly professional and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player who enjoys being supportive to achieve organisational goals
- Have some interest in the insurance brokerage field and have the required financial acumen
- Have well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Have suitable qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Have demonstrated initiative and common sense
- Are great at customer service
- Global opportunities within the organisation
- Career development opportunity
- Full time, permanent position
- Dunedin CBD location
- Great office and team environment
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a Monday to Friday role, the usual hours of work will be 8.30am-5.00pm with
30 minutes for lunch.
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter or to discuss contact Leanne Gardner on 03 471 7000.