BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (INSURANCE) #2654
Dunedin, Otago | Full Time
• An exciting opportunity to work for a global leader in the Insurance Industry • Bring your expert Insurance Industry experience to advance your career • Enjoy generous remuneration
A rare and exciting opportunity to advance your career in this interesting and varied Insurance Industry role. This is a high-level role, providing expert advice to SMEs and also large corporate businesses. You will need significant industry experience to be successful in this role (preferably at least 10 years’ experience). This position would suit if you have exceptional client relationship management skills, and you are confident to search out new business opportunities.
Our client is a long-established and trusted global leader in the Insurance Industry.
The company offers services for risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services. They are experts in their field, providing innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk for their clients.
This role is primarily focussed on creating and driving new opportunities for business.
You will be a seasoned industry professional who is highly effective at building and maintaining client relationships. You will be working in partnership with SMEs and large corporate clients, providing expert advice and assisting the client to turn their risk into opportunities for growth. Financial literacy and a sound understanding of the Insurance Industry is absolutely essential for this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- New business development to grow the business
- Relationship management
- Providing expert industry advice
- Presentation skills e.g. Board presentations
- Following processes and utilising systems/technology effectively
- Keeping up-to-date with legislation and organisational requirements
- Documentation and reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry (preferred)
- Excellent business development, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Financial literacy and commercial acumen (business degree or relevant experience)
- Demonstrated analytical ability, to provide the best advice and insights to clients
- A focussed approach, able to organise and prioritise well and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively within the team environment
- An outstanding work ethic and high level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Excel
HOURS OF WORK:
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter.