COMMERCIAL LEGAL SECRETARY #2887
Dunedin, Otago | Full time permanent
Our client is a prestigious, well-established Dunedin law firm. The commercial team of now seeks an experienced Legal Secretary with at least three years’ experience to start late 2019. • Full time, permanent opportunity with health insurance benefits • Work in a prestigious legal firm • Boost your CV credentials
Our client is a prestigious, well-established Dunedin law firm. The commercial team of now seeks an experienced Legal Secretary with at least three years’ experience to start late 2019.
Due to a retirement, the commercial team now seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to start late 2019. The successful candidate will ideally have at least three years’ experience as a legal secretary (commercial experience would be a definite advantage).
This is a full-time, permanent position offering a great opportunity to support at Partner level where you will be actively working on commercial and business-related matters.
Our client offers a strong, collaborative team environment with excellent resources.
For the successful candidate, this will be a rare opportunity to experience working in a highly-desirable, fast paced Dunedin law firm.
Responsibilities & duties may include:
- Diary management and PA support for Partner
- Accurate Dictaphone and copy typing, producing accurate and consistent documentation
- File management (purchaser and vendor files)
- Technical processes, e.g. e-dealing, PPSR and Companies Office registrations, on-line searches etc.
- Liaising with clients, banks, mortgage brokers and solicitors
- Billing and managing draft ledger statements
- Maintaining compliance with office policies and systems
- Assisting to keep work spaces clean, tidy and organised
- Other administration duties as required
The ideal candidate will ideally:
- Be highly professional, disciplined and appropriate e.g. with confidential information
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strong client-focus and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Be familiar with property, trusts and commercial-related documentation and correspondence
- Have great IT and programme skills including MS Office and industry-specific software (InfinityLaw is desirable)
- Have exceptional organisational skills, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be a cooperative team member to provide support and cover as required
HOURS OF WORK:
Usual working hours will be 37.5 hours per week, generally between 8:30am and 5:00pm Mondays to Fridays. Exact hours will be agreed with the employer and employee.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
Job contact: Leanne Gardner (Recruitment Consultant).