HEALTH CONSULTANT #2550
Dunedin, Otago | Full Time
• Ready for a change of environment? • Leave shift work behind and work in the interesting field of Occupational Health • Utilise your nursing or allied health qualification
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Health Consultant to work in the interesting and varied field of Occupational Health. This role involves delivering first aid and health & safety training, health education and monitoring and health delivery services to clients.
This community-based role is run out of a Dunedin office, delivering first aid training, health and safety training, health education, health monitoring and health delivery services to clients for our client’s exciting occupational health practice.
Experience in the field of Occupational Health would be an advantage, however if you are a registered health professional (Nursing or Allied Health), you may be considered for this role. This is generally a Monday to Friday role, although it may be necessary to work on Saturdays from time-to-time to meet the requirements of the role, so some flexibility is needed. There is also regular travel in a company vehicle, with nights spent away from home in response to client requirements. Notice is usually given and travel is generally in the lower South Island.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Delivery of education programme
- Delivery of Health Services
- Pre-employment screening and assessments
- Health and Safety training and monitoring
- Participation at staff meetings
- Meeting professional development requirements
- Other relevant duties as required
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the initiative and drive to deliver our client’s health education programme. You will be a team player who can also work well autonomously at different sites.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a qualified/registered nurse or allied health professional
- Holds a current First Aid Certificate
- Holds a recognised Adult teaching qualification
- L2 NZ Resuscitation Council (NZRC) Instructors Certificate or
- Emergency Care Instructor Certificate (EC12) or equivalent
- Is an self-starter with great initiative, communication skills, and organisational ability
- Can work autonomously to meet objectives
- Works well in a team environment
- Must be flexible and able to travel out-of-town
HOURS OF WORK:
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter attention to Leanne Gardner (Recruitment Consultant).