INSURANCE BROKER (OAMARU) #2362
Oamaru, Otago | Full Time
Do you have a background within the Insurance industry or financial sector? Due to a retirement, our client is looking for a professional Insurance Broker or suitably qualified and experienced person to work in their Oamaru office as one of two brokers within a team of five. Great benefits!
- Benefits include vehicle (full personal use), income protection and life insurance
- Established business portfolio
- Full time, permanent role
Do you have a background within the Insurance industry or financial sector? Due to a retirement, our client is looking for a professional Insurance Broker or suitably qualified and experienced person to work in their Oamaru office as one of two brokers within a team of five.
This established and highly reputable company is owned by one of the largest risk management and insurance broking companies in the world, operating throughout
Integrity and respect is in the company DNA. They are committed to understanding their client’s business and to building trust by providing proactive advice and solutions.
You will be delivering quality Insurance products and services to existing and new clients, through providing expert advice and solutions that meet client needs, to develop and extend new and existing client relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Achieving and exceeding business plan targets
- New business development and optimising business opportunities
- Proactively participating in training & development opportunities
- Portfolio & Relationship management
- Supporting the Group Broking Manager
- Preparing insurance certificates and endorsements
- Coaching Broker Support staff
- Client visits and appointments
You will either have an insurance or similar background and/or hold a relevant tertiary qualification such as a financial degree.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be suitably qualified and experienced e.g. have a financial degree and industry experience / excellent financial acumen
- Be highly professional, applying business best practice
- Have great relationship and communication skills
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be a great team player and be aligned to company values
HOURS OF WORK:
Normal indicative working hours – Eight hours per day, Monday – Friday, to be worked between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Experience and/or qualifications in the Insurance Industry would be a huge advantage.
If this sounds like you, click the APPLY button and attach your CV and brief cover letter.