INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTANT (FIXED TERM 12 MONTHS - PARENTAL LEAVE) #2404
Dunedin, Otago | Full Time Fixed Term (12 month parental leave)
• Looking to take your CA career to the next level? • Development opportunities in an established and respected public practice • Join a great team in a stimulating work environment This is a fantastic opportunity for an Intermediate Financial Accountant to progress their career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Intermediate Financial Accountant to progress their career.
Our client’s offices are modern and conveniently located in the heart of Dunedin. The team is friendly and supportive and very willing to assist with your ongoing learning. They are an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) so they are absolutely on board with supporting and encouraging your professional progression. This is a busy and interesting role so you will never have a dull day in this company!
Our client is a long-established and respected Accounting firm, operating throughout the Otago region, with their office conveniently located in the Dunedin CBD. They are proud to provide a modern office environment where staff can work in comfort and therefore maintain the goal of providing exceptional service to their clients.
Our client offers:
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- A competitive salary (for the right candidate)
- Open-plan office environment
- A fabulous and energetic team
- Up-to-date technology
- On-job training
- Role variety
This role is for an intermediate accountant on the CA pathway. The role requires at least
3-5 years’ experience in a CA firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Preparation of annual, monthly and periodic financial statements (BAS)
- Proficiency in using Xero, Banklink, and MYOB accounting software
- Preparation of Company and Trust Compliance and general documentation
- Analysis and extraction of financial information from clients’ accounting packages
- Collection and analysis of source documentation
- Assistance and preparation of Cash flows and budgets
- Preparation of annual taxation returns for a range of entities and industries
- Determining taxation liabilities
- Confirmation for taxation assessments received, advising clients of tax liabilities & tax filing requirements
- Preparation of FBT, RWT, PAYE and GST returns
The successful candidate will be an Intermediate BAS Accountant with at least 3-5 years’ experience working within a CA firm.
You will be a multi-tasker who has excellent analytical skills. You will also be an effective problem-solver offering solutions to our clients adding value to their business. Your work is of a very high standard and you take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your own work.
You excel under pressure and meet all expected deadlines!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to build strong client and team relationships
- Be client-focussed with excellent communication skills
- Be highly accurate with good attention to detail
- Have great organisational & time management skills
- Professionalism, ethics and integrity are in your DNA
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a Monday to Friday role, the usual hours of work will be 8.30am-5.00pm (with 30 minutes for lunch).
If this role sounds like just what you've been looking for, apply today with a short cover letter and current CV. All applications are assured 100% confidentiality and you will always be contacted before any of your details are passed on to our client. We look forward to assisting you with your next career step.
To APPLY, click the apply button and attach your CV and a brief covering letter attention to Leanne Gardner, Recruitment Consultant.