OFFICE AND ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATOR #2841
South Dunedin, Otago | Full time permanent
This is an opportunity to work as an office and account administrator in a progressive mid-sized business. To be successful in this role, you will ideally have at least three to five years’ experience in a similar role.
KEY SELLING POINTS:
- Fulltime, permanent role
- Great team and modern office environment
- Expanding company with good prospects
The purpose of this role is to administer the various accounting functions of our client’s business and to provide administrative and clerical support to the team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in an accounts administrator role.
This role includes financial coding, reconciling accounts, preparing invoices, following up on payments and monitoring and chasing up overdue debtor accounts. You will be preparing debtor/creditor and other reports, providing analysis and explanations. Preparing financial returns, such as GST and FBT returns and ensuring highly accurate document and record management is also a requirement of the role.
Responsibilities & duties may include:
- Administering various accounting functions of the business e g: filing GST and FBT returns, managing the fixed asset register, Income/Provisional Tax payments, and preparing year end accounts for the accountant
- Preparing all invoices, tracking and following up on payments
- Monitoring overdue debtor accounts and preparing monthly reports for debtors and creditors
- Assisting with preparation of commission reports, finance documents etc.
- PPSR related tasks
- Account management - managing relationships and communications with stakeholders, key suppliers and contractors
- Participating in meetings and project team activities
- Other duties e.g. mail collection, banking, deliveries, office supply orders etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced accounts administrator with strong financial acumen (3-5 years)
- Have excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Be proficient with MS Office suite and have good all-round admin. skills
- Have had exposure to Microsoft Dynamics or similar accounting software and CRM systems
- Have sound problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, extremely organised and able to multi-task
- Have a highly professional approach to their work with good attendance and presentation
- Be a good team fit
HOURS OF WORK:
The hours of work are 8.30am-5pm Monday-Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter and CV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
Job contact: Leanne Gardner (Recruitment Consultant)