PRODUCTION CO-ORDINATOR / TEAM LEAD
Dunedin | Permanent, Full time
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and organised person for a NEW ROLE to lead a team of people for their joinery business.
- Key leadership role
- Dual role - Hands-on / staff management
- Workflow management / planning / coordination
Our client operates a busy specialist joinery business based in Dunedin, and continual growth has resulted in this new role being created. The business prides itself with producing high quality products and meeting deadlines for the product to be delivered on-site, on time.
The primary focus is to lead the team where the key tasks include:
- Plan production schedule - short and medium term
- Plan and coordinate jobs to ensure that various materials are available in the factory when required in order to meet deadlines
- Liaise with suppliers and customers
- Manage workflow and organise staffing to meet the deadlines
- Provide leadership, direction and instruction to the team including ‘tool box’ meetings
- Ensure finished products meet quality standards
- Ensure health and safety compliance
- Assist in the factory / dispatch as necessary
Our ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional team work skills
- Strong planning and scheduling skills
- Practical and willing to assist in the factory – using hand / power tools as necessary
- Lead by example
This company has a great team – with a great culture – so are looking for a person who will compliment this great team environment.
If you tick the boxes, please APPLY by attaching your CV along with a brief cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
You MUST be entitled to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role