MANAGER / SENIOR CAD TECHNICIAN
Dunedin | Permanent, Full time
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Architectural CAD Technician to step up into a management role for a well-established company based in Dunedin
- Fantastic career opportunity
- 7 – 10 years draughting experience
- Likely opportunity for shareholding in the business
Our Client operates a long established and well respected architectural draughting consultancy based in the greater Dunedin area, and they are now seeking an experienced Draughtperson to step up into this management role.
The company undertakes a wide variety of work – with residential, multi-unit apartments, light commercial and commercial draughting work being the mainstay, but they also undertake a considerable chunk of residential design and other work as well.
The company employs a team of about ten draughting technicians who predominantly use Revit software along with AutoCAD. Because of the diverse range of work, the company has a team with a range of experience – from graduates to senior CAD technicians. An Administration Assistant provides support on a part time basis.
The Manager / Senior CAD Technician role is an exciting opportunity for a senior CAD Technician who is ready to take the next career step into a management role and in time, likely to be offered a shareholding in the company. In this role, you will have dual responsibilities -
- Undertaking the functions of the Senior CAD Teachnician (including hand on work!)
- Managing all facets of the Dunedin operation.
Key tasks include:
- Client liaision
- Business development
- Workflow planning
- Job allocation
- Running own jobs (end to end)
- Reviewing completed work
- Managing staff
- Mentoring and coaching staff
- Providing training
- Budgeting, P&L
The ideal candidate
- MUST have strong New Zealand architectural draughting (Revit / AutoCAD) experience
- 7+ years’ experience draughting and documentation
- Ability to run own complex jobs end to end
- Staff management experience
- Able to review subordinate work and encourage best practice
- Will have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Will have a desire for a financial / ownership interest in the business
- May already operate a small draughting business and have a desire to merge and grow the business
Is the the career opportunity that yo have been dreaming of? If so, Don’t delay – APPLY NOW by attaching your CV and brief cover letter. opportunities such as this do not arise often - so if you are ready to take your career to the next level get in touch now!
You MUST be entitled to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role
All applications treated in upmost confidence