TRADING 2IC TEMP #2930 (IMMEDIATE START)
Dunedin, Otago | Full time temp
• Excellent retail opportunity for a career in leadership and management • Work afternoons and evenings to suit your lifestyle (1pm-10pm Tues-Sat) • Immediate start - convenient location with easy parking Our client is looking for capable 2IC to support the Trading Manager in leading a retail team over the busy Christmas/New Year period with an immediate start needed.
Our client is looking for capable 2IC to support the Trading Manager in leading a retail team over the busy Christmas/New Year period with potential for the right candidate to go permanent early in 2020.
This is an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of leadership and management within a large nation-wide organisation that believes in nurturing and developing their workforce. Take the next step in your retail career or bring your leadership and delegation skills into the retail world. If you are keen to build a career in retail and you have a strong customer focus this could be the right opportunity for you. Should you do well in this temporary opportunity, you would be considered for the permanent vacancy, which would be an excellent career opportunity with attractive remuneration.
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Support the Trading Manager undertaking the responsibilities of the Trading Manager when they are not in-store
- Supervise and lead the trading team as 2IC
- Prepare task list and effectively communicate requirements to the team
- Delegate work and monitor progress
- Motivate the team to drive sales and deliver exceptional customer service
- Maintain work area to an excellent standard, ensuring it is presentable and functional
Adhering to and demonstrating understanding of organisational policy
- Appropriate and efficient escalation of enquiries and/or complaints
- Follow ups
The ideal candidate will be:
- Have experience in a 2IC or leadership role in a retail environment (for preference)
Customer focussed - able to handle customer requests and complaints
efficiently and professionally
- Positive and have a professional attitude to work
- An effective and approachable communicator
- Highly organised and good and planning
- Be an excellent team leader who encourages teamwork
HOURS OF WORK:
Tuesday to Saturday, 1pm-10pm with one hour for lunch.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you’re the person we’re searching for, let us know! Send us your cover letter andCV today by clicking the APPLY button.
You must be entitled to work and live in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please note: Ministry of Justice and credit checking may be required.
Job contact: Leanne Gardner (Recruitment Consultant)