Job Interviews - Strategy No.2: Do some homework
Tuesday 28th January 2020
This post is one in a series which provide tips and techniques on how to prepare for a successful interview. Awesome, you have got a job interview!
Taking the time to prepare for a job interview may result in one of the best paybacks you ever receive.
Here are 5 Tips to start your job interview preparation:
- Do some ground work - read the company’s website. Organisations expect that you will know about their products and services.
- Google the company. Look for recent news or things that you should be knowledgeable about. You can also use this knowledge to ask questions at the end of the interview.
- Re-read all of the information that you have been provided with about the job i.e. position description, job advert and any other company information that you have been given.
- Research the people you will be interviewed by. Check out LinkedIn – the majority of profiles have a head shot which can be very helpful.
- Find out what is happening within the industry sector. What are the trends, challenges and predictions for that industry?
In upcoming posts, we will cover topics a range of interview topics to help you to be successful at your next job interview.
Written by the Your People Recruitment team