Completing a video interview provides you with a great opportunity to sell yourself to the people involved in a recruitment process. What sets you apart from other candidates in any recruitment process is YOU! Video interviewing is your chance to do just that by bringing your application to life and allowing you to show your personality.
Here are some insights into what to expect should you be invited to submit a video interview and to help you to be successful.
When hiring managers’ shortlist candidates they assess the skills, knowledge and experience of each candidate in line with the requirements of the job vacancy. Each role will have a selection criteria set by the hiring manager. The selection criteria may include items like resume, cover letter, reference checks, skills testing and other relevant information for the role.
A video interview forms part of the selection criteria and provides an opportunity for a candidate to add another dimension to their job application – bringing their application to life.
With some video interviewing software you will be able to view the questions prior to recording your responses. If this is the case, think about how you will respond to each question and how you will introduce yourself. Make some notes, be brief in your responses and answer the question. You may wish to practice before recording.
5 Tips to make the whole process easy:
- Look into the camera - not at yourself in the screen and make sure that your face is in the middle of the screen.
- Be aware of your background. It is best to record your interview in front of a plain wall if possible.
- Depending on the time of day or the brightness of the room, you may need to turn a light on.
- Don’t forget about your body language. Remember to smile and just be yourself.
- Most of all – enjoy the process!
IntroInsight.com is a simple-to-use online platform that allows hiring managers to obtain candidate videos as an integral part of their shortlisting and hiring process.